A land of staggering natural beauty and cultural complexities, of dynamic megacities and hill-tribe villages, Vietnam is both exotic and compelling. The colonial history and the triumph of the Vietnamese people to gain independence from French and then Americans - it the most inspiring tale of our times. There is a cultural complexity and diversity along the longish Vietnam. The ancient temples display distinctly Chinese influences in the north and remnant Hindu origins in the south. This rising ASEAN tiger deserves an exploration by the road.
The defeat of merciless and modern Americas Army by the ethnic Vietnamese is the stuff of legends. The iconic Ho Chi Minh Trail was the supply line used by North Vietnam to link North and South Vietnam during the bloody American War. Soldiers, ammunition, weapons and supplies were carried by hand, bicycle, and truck for hundreds of kilometres through the otherwise impenetrable jungle that covered Vietnam’s mountainous border with Laos.
This trail is a testimony to the ingenuity, fortitude, and commitment of the northern Vietnamese. The trail slipped from use at the end of the war and was taken back by the jungle; recent roadwork that follows original sections of the trail has changed this. Besides an incredible ride, deep in the Vietnamese countryside, our Vietnam motorcycle tour of the Ho Chi Minh Trail takes in the charming ancient trading town of Hoian, Khe Sanh battle site and DMZ.
- Motorcycles rentals
- All gas (fuel)
- 3 - 4 Stars Hotel in twin share room with breakfast
- All tourist place entrance fees, tickets on the tour
- Waterproof saddlebags, helmets ( if needed)
- Rain gears
- Tour Guide(s) on motorcycle
- Support vehicle with Driver
- Airport pick up and drop-off
- Motorcycles shipping fee from Ho Chi Minh back to Hanoi at the end of the trip ( ~$50 for one motorcycle )
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Personal Expenses
- Alcoholic drinks and meals not mentioned
- Train, Bus, Flight, Cable Cab Tickets
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions above