Located in Hemis National Park, greater Himalayas, at an altitude of 6153 metres, Stok Kangri is a good challenge. It is suitable for experienced trekkers who have a good level of fitness. Despite an altitude of around 20,000 ft, it is not a technical climb and requires no advanced mountaineering skills - but it does need 2 stage acclimatisation. Stok Kangri happens to be one of the highest trekable peaks in India - and often serves as a prelude to other high altitude mountaineering forays.
The view from the Stok Kangri top is one of the best in the Himalayas. On a clear day you will see the marvellous Zanskar and Karakoram ranges including K2 (8611m), the second highest peak in the world. This is one of the best trekking peaks in the Indian Himalaya and its proximity to Leh makes it very accessible.
Start - Leh
Finish - Leh
- 4 night's stay in Leh in reputed deluxe hotels with breakfast and dinners on twin sharing basis
- Airport transfers and all transport requirements as per itinerary
- Inner line trekking permits ( need passports and visa for this)
- Complete logistic arrangements with all meals during the 6 day of the trek
- Transport to start point, tented camps, all meals, porters, helpers, horses, kitchen
- Experienced Trekking Captain
- Emergency medical first aid kit including oxygen arrangements
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
- Lunches except on trek
- Personal trekking equipment
- Laundry, tips ,souvenirs
- 5% GST
- Personal expenses or other expenses incurred beyond our control such as bad weather, flight cancellation, road closure,landslides, political disturbances, etc.
All cancellations are valid only when communicated in writing. Any changes due to inevitable weather or flight delays etc, will be charged additional, as those prices are not included in the current quote.
- More than 30 days prior to departure: 25% of the total tour cost.
- 29-15 days prior to departure: 50% of the total tour cost.
- 14-07 days prior to departure: 70% of the total tour cost.
- 06-0 days prior to departure: 100% of total tour cost.
- Please note that there will be no refund either in part or in full for any unused part of the services provided in the package.