The trek to Everest Base camp is one of the most famous and beautiful trekking trail. It is a lifetime opportunity to see the breath-taking scenery and be in the lap of the world’s highest peak Mt. Everest 8848 m. Apart from amazing valleys, forests, rivers and waterfalls, you are perpetually surrounded by the mightiest and most majestic peaks that this planet has to offer. It is also an opportunity to see the people and culture of the legendary Sherpas who are known to the world as born mountain climbers.
Whilst few dare to venture to the summit, the Everest Base Camp trek (which takes you to 17,590 feet) is an adventure that many experienced climbers aim for. This is certainly not an experience for the faint hearted and we recommend that only experienced and fit trekkers take the plunge.
Himalaya trekking will afford you spectacular mountain views and provide you with a glimpse into the culture of a world that is so unlike our own. You may also be given the opportunity to explore the heritage-listed Sagarmatha National Park, which is home to a variety of beautiful flora and fauna.
It is argued that Everest Base Camp trekking is one of the grandest walks in the region and the world. You will come face to face with four of the four tallest peaks in the world – Mount Everest, Mount Lhotse, Mount Makalu and Cho Oyu – and will follow in the footsteps of Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay.
When to travel?
The best time of year to attempt Himalaya trekking is during India’s autumn (September to November) or spring (March to May). At these times of the year, the weather is quite sunny and warm. Whilst there is nothing stopping you from trekking during summer or monsoon (June to August), you might get a little wet!
What will I eat?
We find that many of our trekkers are concerned about the kind of food they will enjoy during their stay. Whilst we recommend that you bring your own snacks (such as nuts and dried fruits), you can enjoy simple but good Nepalese or international cuisine at tea houses and lodges along the way.
Start - Kathmandu
Finish - Kathmandu
- Kathmandu Thribhuwan Airport to hotel pick up and drop by private vehicle
- Two nights accommodation in Kathmandu at good range hotel, with breakfast on twin sharing basis (one night each while going and coming back)
- 11 nights accommodation in Mountain lodges (nice and basic Tea Houses) run by local people during trekking - based on twin occupancy
- 11 trekking days - meals are on full board - includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- One experienced and licensed english speaking mountain Guide
- Porter service - one among 2 trekkers. 10 kg weight restrictions apply
- Accommodation, food, salary, insurance, transportation of trek guide & porters
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit)
- All necessary paper works and Sagarmatha National Park entry fee
- The cost of Trekking Permit Card (TIMS)
- 5% GST and all Govt Taxes applicable in Nepal & India
- Air Fare of Kathmandu/ Lukla/ Kathmandu including transfers
- Anything not mentioned above in "Inclusions" is excluded. Please read carefully.
- Nepal entry visa fee (USD 40 for 30 days from date of issue) (You may easily get Nepal visa upon your arrival at Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu)
- International air fare
- All kind of drinks (Alcohol, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, boiled water)
- Lunches and dinners in Kathmandu
- Bar bills, telephone bills, internet and other personal expenses (shopping/ laundry)
- Tips to guide and porter
- Drinking water or bottles
- Very Important to Note : All additional expenses incurred due to unavoidable events e.g. bad weather, flight cancellations, personal illness, strike etc is not part of quote
- Helicopter evacuation charge in case of emergency whilst trekking
- In case of delays or early arrival, for any reason, accommodations at Kathmandu
The trek to Everest Base camp is one of the most famous and beautiful trekking trail. It is a lifetime opportunity to see the breath-taking scenery and be in the lap of the world’s highest peak Mt. Everest 8848m. Apart from amazing valleys, forests, rivers and waterfalls, you are perpetually surrounded by the mightiest and most majestic peaks that this planet has to offer. It is also an opportunity to see the people and culture of the legendary Sherpas who are known to the world as born mountain climbers.
- More than 30 days prior to departure: 25% of the total tour cost.
- 29-15 days prior to departure: 50% of the total tour cost.
- 14-07 days prior to departure: 70% of the total tour cost.
- 06-0 days prior to departure: 100% of total tour cost.
- Please note that there will be no refund either in part or in full for any unused part of the services provided in the package.
|Gokyo Circuit - 4 extra days
|13 Nov 2021
|26 Nov 2021
" This trip was made even more special because of the hands on personal care and advise at Viktorianz. Planning, purchasing and packing of the gear, fitness tips, medical advise, what to eat and what else to carry, everything was made easy for me as they were there every step of the way. Thank you Mike sir for your guidance!! We have also done biking trips with the Viktorianz which have been awesome. This trek too has been beautiful. Will strongly recommend anyone looking for biking trips and or trekking trips to go with them for an amazing experience. Cheers to Viktorianz!!! "
"We had a great briefing from Viktorianz and the preparing schedule for the trek. Mike's two blogs on how to prepare for the trek and the equipment to carry - were very helpful. Everything was delivered as per the commitment. One should be mentally prepared for some weather contingencies, some flight delays and keep days and budgets earmarked for it. Reaching Everest base camp is so rewarding - having achieved it, now i feel i can plan and do almost everything that i want to. One thing i am grateful for is that this trek has got me into a fitness routine - and i am loving the newly energised me. Thanks to Viktorianz and their team at Kathmandu - Sherpas are awesome people and Himalayas views stay with me forever"
"Overall I am very happy with this trek. High point was being there at the base camp. The guide and porters, I would say we got the best guide. Someone who is not a trekking guide but a climbing guide was a big plus, specially when we got stuck for 3 days in snow at Machermo and also when the weather looked bad at Gorak Shep. It was a bit disappointing when we were not informed 10kg is the weight limit, thus ended up paying more. I would also recommend avoid booking flights with Makalu airline. So Viktorianz - keep up the good work. The path is difficult but full of learning and adventure!"
"Hi Mike, My overall experience of Base Camp trek that Viktorianz organised was really excellent. One thing I liked the most about the experience was the Nepalese culture. The Guides and porters were great and very helpful. It has been my dream that has come true, and it is an experience of a lifetime for me. Something that I would advise others before the trek is to decide much in advance and be better prepared. The communication of all terms and conditions between all parties could be done well ahead."