Markha Valley is a very unique trek in Ladakh region and is very popular amongst trekking community, especially the foreign trekkers. It has adventure, nature and culture all rolled into one. The stays during the trek are 'Home-stays' at villages along the trek or we could also arrange Swiss tents This soft trek– offers a unique experience for trekkers of almost all the fitness levels.
Start - Leh
Finish - Leh
You fly down to Leh, the ancient capital of Ladakh region. You would need three days of acclimatization to adjust to low oxygen levels at higher altitudes.
You take a car from Leh to Zingchen and then trek to Rumbak. After a gradual trek for about 5 hrs you will reach Zingchen valley, where Rumbak River flows into Indus River. As you enter the Hemis National Park.where you might encounter Snow Leopard Lynx, Ladakhi Urial (a type of goat), Arghali (great Tibetan sheep), Bharal (blue sheep), red fox, Tibetan wolf, Dhole (wild dog) or a marmot. You will climb through the beautiful ridge before reaching the Rumbak village. Home Stay at Rumbak.
Alt: 3,440m | Walk: 10-12km, 5-6 hours
Today the trek will take you through some suspension bridges and great views of Thermasarkhu. Along the trek you would begin to see the hardy Sherpa life and pass the unique water mills used for grinding corns and barley. Keep your permits and document ready as you enter the Sagarmatha National Park. Namche bazaar is a suitable place for stage 1 acclimatisation.
From Rumbak on to Yourutse you will get the magnificent views of the Stok Range. Near the village of Yourutse are some impressive purple and green rock formations.
Next morning you continue your trek towards the great Ganda La peak. The path from here is steep along the mountain side. Zanskar and Stok Ranges will become visible and will leave you awestruck. Wonderful views of white-fringed mountains merging into the distant ranges of the Karakoram accompany you as you trek to your overnight camp at Skiu. Finally you will camp at Skiu for the night.
A very pleasant walk up one of the loveliest sections of the Markha valley.The trail continues eastwards through the picturesque village of Markha. Today you will travel through the Markha River and you will reach Markha village after going past Mani walls(stone Buddhist Scripts).
The trail goes past the old stone-mills, a ruined castle and the monastery of Techa. Path then intersects the river a several times and finally you will reach the village of Umlung. After leaving the village you will get the view of the mighty Mt. Kang Yatse (6400 mts), the view will be there until you cross the Kongmuru La. The day's trek ends at lovely green pasture of Thochungste.
Next morning you will start trekking towards your destination Nimaling plateau, which is the highest camp in your trek.
After breakfast you will move towards the Kongmaru La, the highest peak on the trek. The beautiful views will continue to mesmerize you with the adding of Indus valley and Ladakh Range to your view. The descent is quite steep but is gradual after Shang Gorge. You will cross the sour-spring of Chuskurmo (used by Amchi doctors).
You walk along the jeep road to reach Martselang and finally drive back to Leh.
- Leh Hotel (04 Nights) Stay at Deluxe hotel on MAP plan
- All tourist attractions, monastery fees, environment fees around Ladakh region
- Village home-stays and all meals during the 7 day trek
- Guide for the entire trek
- All transfers and transportation
- All relevant Inner Line permits for various regions being visited
- Airfare Delhi to Ladakh ( you could book or we could help)
- Personal / travel Insurance for Trek / Travel
- Any personal trekking equipment.
- Any cost due to delays and weather related cancellations or postponements
- 5% GST
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
All cancellations are valid only when communicated in writing. Any changes due to inevitable weather or flight delays etc, will be charged additional, as those prices are not included in the current quote.
- More than 30 days prior to departure: 25% of the total tour cost.
- 29-15 days prior to departure: 50% of the total tour cost.
- 14-07 days prior to departure: 70% of the total tour cost.
- 06-0 days prior to departure: 100% of total tour cost.
- Please note that there will be no refund either in part or in full for any unused part of the services provided in the package.