The Leh tours essentially consists of Pangong Tso Lake, Nubra Valley and a visit to Khardungla pass. Hunder and Diskit are also very popular tourist destinations. There are Pangong Tours and Nubra tours that can be organised for you separately.
- Enjoy the exotic destinations of Ladakh with plenty of high passes, steep mountains, Lakes and valleys abound.
- The most attractive feature of the landscape of Ladakh are the Buddhist monasteries situated on the isolated hillocks in the vicinity of villages.
- Hemis the wealthiest and the only Gompa in the region not plundered by Zoravar Singh, is also known for its annual summer festival.
- Pangong Tso lake at an altitude of 14,100ft. in the Eastern sector of Ladakh, is at a distance of 150 km from Leh across Changla pass (17,000ft.).This lake is one of the largest and most beautiful natural brackish lake in the country
- Khardung La 18,380ft (5,602m) located 40 Km north of Leh links the capital of Ladakh with the Shyok and Nubra valleys. It is said to be the world's highest motorable pass.
- Drive along the Nubra valley is a scenic ride and Diskit is one of the unque monasteries where one can see the Buddhist rituals. Parts of this monastery are almost 700 yrs old.
Start - Leh
Finish - Leh
Your flight from Delhi would be an early morning one. On this day when you arrive at Leh by air you would witness one of the most beautiful sights of Leh valley amidst the spectacular Himalayan peaks. Our representative will receive you at the airport and take you to your hotel. This day you take it easy - its 10,000 ft and you need to acclimatise to get used to low oxygen levels. For non Indian tourists this day will be used for applying and processing of mandatory inner line permits. You could just walk around the unique Leh market; no exertions today. Overnight at Leh hotel.
This is the day we have kept for a local tour of Leh region. Another day to acclimatise to high altitude, as also cover some essential tourist spots - Leh palace - the former royal palace overlooking the Ladakhi Himalayan town of Leh, Shanti Stupa - a Buddhist white-domed stupa on a hilltop, Stok palace - present residence of royal family, Shey – the ancient capital of Ladakh, Thiksay - an impressive complex rising upon tier on the hill above the village and Hemis - one of Ladakh’s most well-known monastery. Overnight at Leh hotel.
This day, drive out to explore some very unique landscapes of Himalayan region. A scenic drive through some fine rocky faces to visit the Lamayuru Monastery. On your way back you would visit Alchi and Likir Monasteries, the magical phenomenon of Magnetic hill, Hall of fame museum, Pathar Saheb gurudwara and the scenic Bazgo plains. Overnight at Leh hotel.
Having spent 3 nights at Leh you are now fairly acclimatised. After breakfast, drive to Nubra valley over Khardung la,(5359m or 18380feet) highest motor able road in the World . The view from top of the pass is amazing. One can see all the way south over the Indus valley to the seemingly endless peaks. After this, we drive towards Hunder through an area of rolling sand dunes. You can see double hump Camel and take a camel safari out into the dunes at Hunder. Overnight in camp at Hunder.
After breakfast, explore the beautiful Nubra valley. The green hamlets nestled in the valley supporting life. The essential tourist spot we see today is the unique Diskit monastery and its Giant Buddha.Then drive back to Leh same route, crossing Khardung la pass. Overnight at Leh hotel.
In the morning depart early for Pangong Lake via Chang-La pass (alt: 17370 ft.). By noon you would arrive at one of the most spectacular vistas of your life - Pangong Tso Lake (alt : 14,500 ft) It is 5-6 km wide and over 130 km long, two-thirds of which lies on the other side of the Indo-China border. It has some of the most beautiful hues of blue, that you would ever see in your life. In the evening, you can enjoy the amazing beauty of lakes' Sun set and overnight at the camp in Pangong.
Having done Pangong Tso - now its time to return back to Leh for your last evening in Ladakh. You could spend the time collecting some memorabilia from Leh town, or just have a easy evening looking back at your time spent in this wonderful part of the world. These memories will surely keep coming back to you. Overnight at Leh hotel.
You have had one of the most unique experiences in life. Its time to fly out of Leh. Our representative will transfer you to airport.
While everything essential is covered on this week long tour. It would take 3 more days if you wish to see the regions of Turtuk ( A Balti village on Indo-Pak border) and Tso Moriri (another beautiful high altitude lake). If you are keen and have time - do ask us to plan your 'Kashmir Valley Tour'.
- Accommodations for 7 nights on twin sharing basis.
- Breakfast on all days.
- Dinner in Nubra and Pangong camps.
- All transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary by Xylo / Innova (although we are providing A/C vehicle but due to hills and altitude in Ladakh, at times it becomes difficult to switch it on)
- Toll taxes, parking charges, fuel charges and driver allowances.
- Inner line Permits.
- Environmental fees.
- Arrangements for emergency Oxygen in each car.
- All hotel taxes.
- Any meals not specified.
- Camel safari at Hunder.
- Laundry, tips, camera fee, monument and monastery entry fee.
- Personal expenses or other expenses incurred beyond our control such as bad weather, flight cancellation, road closure, landslides, political disturbances, etc.
- 5% GST
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
All cancellations are valid only when communicated in writing. Any changes due to inevitable weather or flight delays etc, will be charged additional, as those prices are not included in the current quote.
- More than 30 days prior to departure: 25% of the total tour cost.
- 29-15 days prior to departure: 50% of the total tour cost.
- 14-07 days prior to departure: 70% of the total tour cost.
- 06-0 days prior to departure: 100% of total tour cost.
- Please note that there will be no refund either in part or in full for any unused part of the services provided in the package.
" We booked our tour to Ladakh from Viktorianz and when we got to know that they have arrangements with a specialized travel expert from New Zealand, we did not think twice before engaging them in planning our New Zealand trip which turned out to be our best and most planned trip ever. If you are looking for personalized service from people who know their business, who know how to guide you best then please choose Viktorianz.. I thoroughly recommend them for all your travel needs!! "
"I recently had the pleasure of travelling to Rajasthan, and Ladakh on tours by Viktorianz. Mike, Sarita, and team put together a tailored package for me, using their wealth of experience and knowledge, to help me explore the culture, history and natural beauty of the regions. The services, facilities and guides provided were first rate, and each of the hotels chosen for me were unique and charming. I woke up each morning feeling refreshed, letting me concentrate on losing myself in the sights, sounds and smells. Thanks to Viktorianz it truly was a memorable trip, n India is my fav destination."
"Manoj's passion for adventure and outdoor life is unmatched. His meticulous planning, personal travel experiences and quality of tour conduct is commendable. He is at his best to arrange an a-la-carte holidays in India. His motorcycle and trekking trips are unique experiences of a lifetime.."